Are you looking for a position that helps create positive change? Join our thriving private practice and help Next Step Counseling make a difference in our community!
Next Step Counseling is a boutique multi-niche group therapy practice dedicated to helping adults and couples cope with life’s toughest transitions. Based in Chicago, we partner with our clients through our therapy services to help them navigate difficulties such as break-ups/divorce, anxiety/stress, grief & loss, depression, trauma, relational discord and perinatal/postpartum and infertility challenges.
Next Step Counseling was founded in 2011 by Ilene Kastel, who wanted to provide a niche-based therapy practice to help clients grow, change, and thrive. The motto for the practice is “Our life’s work is to improve yours” and we stand by that commitment every day. As a practice, we maintain a warm, inviting and collaborative culture that embodies learning, growth, support, and inclusivity for everyone on the team.
We encourage POC and /or folks who identify as LGBTQ+ to apply.
We are excited to expand our Clinical Team and are looking to hire a fully licensed counselor (Psy.D., LCPC, LCSW, LMFT) immediately for this full-time position.
Full-time therapists will be scheduled for 30 hours of work per week over 5 days, with the expectation that they see an average of 24 clients per week for 48 weeks a year. Remaining hours will be dedicated to consultation, team meetings, trainings, and other non-client activities as needed. At this time, Next Step Counseling is only providing teletherapy services. Post-covid, we hope to offer both in-person and teletherapy services to our clients, though this option will be dependent upon external policies such as insurance reimbursement rates.
We are seeking a highly-skilled Licensed Clinical Therapist, ideally with prior experience in a private practice setting or conducting long-term therapy with adults. POC are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals should be comfortable working with diverse staff and clients including LGBTQ+.
At this time, the responsibilities of a Licensed Clinical Therapist at Next Step Counseling include:
- Provide individual therapy services to adult clients with a variety of diagnoses. Couples counseling and training is also available.
- Participate in practice-wide professional development trainings to develop or strengthen clinical skills in areas of trauma and couples/relationship therapy.
- Complete session notes, current treatment plan and obtain client payments in a timely fashion.
- Formulate DSM 5 diagnoses, as needed and appropriate.
- Consult with other providers, psychiatrists, and other professionals as needed.
- Contribute to and engage in the supportive positive team culture.
Benefits of Joining NSC
Next Step Counseling is an inclusive and growth-oriented practice with a positive, supportive and healthy team culture. At this time, we offer the following to our Licensed Clinical Therapists:
- Full-time W2 position which comes with several benefits, including health insurance, stipend for continuing education, sick pay, and flexibility with schedule to accommodate vacations. Additionally, we offer a 401K match after the first year of employment and are working towards rolling out a PTO package this year.
- Competitive insurance reimbursement and, thus, competitive compensation.
- Employee Incentive Program offering bonuses from $4K – $10K.
- Additional pay for weekend schedules.
- A close an collaborative team that offers ongoing opportunities for support, growth, and development through individual and group consultation.
- A safe environment that values authenticity, vulnerability and communication.
- Administrative support to take care of all billing, benefit checks, credentialing with insurance panels for you and marketing.
- Great location downtown by all L lines.
- Nicely decorated offices.
- Developed referral flow to build and maintain a full caseload.
Candidates for the Licensed Clinical Therapist position must:
- Hold current licensed in IL as LCPC, LMFT, LCSW, Ph.D. or Psy.D.
- Commit to 2 years, have day and evening availability and maintain a caseload of 24 clinical hours weekly.
- Demonstrate an interest in learning or experience with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Trauma, mindfulness, breathing techniques or mind-body connection.
- Have prior experience with adults providing long-term therapy with moderate to high functioning clients, or private practice experience will be considered.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants:
- able and willing to work Saturdays.
- have couples counseling experience and training.
- special certifications such as CADC, yoga teacher training, EMDR or Somatic Experience certifications.
- Already paneled with BCBS and/or United.
The Licensed Clinical Therapist will work closely with and report to Next Step Counseling’s Clinical Manager and Founder.
Compensation structure for the Licensed Clinical Therapist position is %-based and is commensurate with experience.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently only providing teletherapy services until it is appropriate to return to in-person services at the office.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager Job Details
We are excited to bring on an Executive Assistant/Office Manager (EA/OM) and are looking to hire immediately. This is a new position for our practice and it is designed to play a critical role in the operations of the business.
The EA/OM will oversee many of the day-to-day operations of the practice, managing processes methodically and strategically, maximizing productivity for the team, and supporting practice leadership.The EA/OM will be responsible for responding to new client inquiries, managing new client intake processes, overseeing billing and insurance verifications for new and current clients, daily client accounting reviews, and handling data/spreadsheets to track business metrics. The EA/OM will also provide administrative and operations support to Next Step Counseling’s Founder (Ilene) and Clinical Manager (Sandra).
The EA/OM position will start with a minimum of 20 to 25 hours per week during afternoons and evenings, with the potential to evolve into a full-time position with input from the new hire. Currently, hours are remote and allow for some flexibility (specific hours TBD). Post-covid, the position will include remote and on-site work.
We are seeking a warm, motivated, engaged, and detail-oriented person who is comfortable overseeing and handing daily operations, intake processes, and billing processes for the practice. At this time, the primary responsibilities of the EA/OM include:
- Intake coordination and client scheduling
- Phone and email support for potential clients
- Medical insurance billing, benefit lookups and patient accounting
- Tracking referral sources, follow up, and retention of clients using spreadsheets
- Carries out bi-monthly 401K wage contributions
- Managing employee onboarding and termination paperwork
- Updating the website and creating and sending out bi-monthly Mail Chimp e-newsletter
- Creating internal documents or updates as needed, such as Policies & Procedures and Handbooks or PDFfiller documents
- Offline and online marketing support
- Occasionally running errands
- Other clerical and administrative back-up support as needed
- Maintenance of office space – ordering supplies, light cleaning as needed, watering plants, etc.
- Direct assistance to the CEO of Next Step Counseling
- Additional duties to be determined as the position develops
The EA/OP position is ideal for a self-starter who works well independently and is also comfortable reporting to leadership. The perfect candidate for this position will enjoy taking initiative, problem-solving, and managing operations with little oversight while also collaborating with practice leadership to improve systems and processes. They will also have a unique talent in anticipating the practice’s needs in advance and will embrace and contribute to the warm and inclusive culture of the practice.
Candidates for the EA/OM position must:
- Have excellent professional communication skills, on the phone and in writing
- Have excellent customer service and sales skills
- Be proficient in insurance billing and accounting
- Be highly organized
- Be proficient at Excel and G-Suite apps (Google docs, spreadsheets, forms, etc.)
- Have working knowledge of the mental health field, confidentiality for patient health information, and HIPAA-compliance
- Be resourceful, a self-starter, proactive communicator, and team-oriented
Extra consideration for candidates who:
- Are tech-savvy and familiar with online marketing strategies, such as social media, Google AdWords, and SEO
- Enjoy being creative and can create written and visual promotional material, such as flyers, rack cards, social media posts etc.
The EA/OM will work closely with and report to the Founder/CEO. They will also work closely with the Clinical Manager.
The EA/OM position is an hourly position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Christine@leadershipfortherapists.com, as well as your desired hourly rate or range. Desired hourly rate or range must be included to be considered for this position.