Tiffani is completing her Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Northeastern Illinois University. In her free time, she likes reading Young Adult fiction, gardening, baking cookies, and watching anime. She also enjoys taking care of her pets, which include many fish, and a shih-tzu named Cocoa.
"I found Tiffani to be intelligent and hard-working. She has a special ability holding the well-being of others in her heart. She is willing to let the client take the lead, rather than impose her own therapeutic agenda. She is good at remaining non-judgmental, which gives clients strong support, at the same time, she holds her clients accountable for the goals that they set out for themselves in counseling."Mei-whei Chen, Ph.D.
- Helps clients explore their values and beliefs, enabling them to step closer towards living authentically.
- Devoted to culturally-informed therapy and social justice advocacy, taking opportunities to advocate for clients in need.
- Passionate about working with women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and individuals struggling with social oppression, relationships, work/career, self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
- Experienced in crisis counseling, helping individuals in a high-emotional state explore their options and find calming, self-supportive outlets.
- Utilizes Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, and Trauma-Focused Therapy.
- Provides an accepting, safe, and supportive environment to explore life difficulties, transitions, and goals.
“When we cease living by the values of others, and make the decision to live authentically to who we are, we can find peace”
Tiffani believes that counseling is an opportunity for self-growth, vulnerability, and exploration. This process can be incredibly rewarding. Tiffani seeks to make this process as safe and enhancing as possible by providing an open and accepting environment. While providing this safe space lacking judgment, Tiffani hopes that clients will have the opportunity to take a deeper look into their life experience and explore their values and goals.
At Next Step Counseling, Tiffani works with a variety of clients, making a positive impact in their lives. She works with individuals struggling with life decisions, identity, self-expression, depression, anxiety, trauma, and grief. She is also passionate about working with the LGBTQ+ community, women-identified clients, and those impacted by social injustice. Tiffani incorporates a culturally-informed approach that takes into consideration clients’ unique cultural background, beliefs, and history.
Tiffani wants her clients to feel heard, understood, and validated. Her client’s describe her as a warm and genuine person who develops a supportive therapeutic relationship where they feel connected and feel seen. Tiffani believes the counseling process is a step in the right direction for building genuine and healthy relationships with oneself as well as others in your life. She encourages clients to explore their emotions, while looking beyond maladaptive thoughts and finding core desires. She believes that unhelpful thoughts can make clients feel stuck, and by detaching from these thoughts, a freedom can be experienced. Tiffani believes a combination of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can provide a balance that allows clients to explore current beliefs while working toward self-acceptance and setting value-informed goals. She has experience in crisis counseling, which allowed her to aid individuals in their most vulnerable state. Tiffani is excellent at helping clients recognize their resiliency and discover solutions.